Tuesday 5 May 2009

A squash and a squeeze!!

I had my mammogram today!! I went to Barts and actually remembered the way there on foot, which for me is amazing as I have no sense of direction and probably couldn't find my way out of a paper bag! It was such a hot day and I had read somewhere that I shouldn't wear deoderant as it interferes with the results - probably a load of old rubbish - but it meant that I was a little hot and sweaty when I got there! I had to go and change into a very fetching hospital gown - well I think I am a reasonably intelligent woman but for the life of me I couldn't work out how to tie up the numerous strings on it. I had to sit and hold it closed in case I gave anyone an eyeful!I was called into a very white room with a huge machine in it and was asked all sorts of questions about my boobs and family history (again - only did it last week with the Dr there) and then came the time I had to strip off.....I warned the lady that I was nervous and she was very nice and she got me to stand near the machine. I was very concerned that will my small offerings she wouldn't actually be able to do anything but I was very relieved (or maybe not) to see that they could be squashed and squeezed just as well as the next persons. It wasn't at all painful and actually made me giggle!! She took 4 x-rays and that was it - I could go and put my clothes back on and off I went on my merry way!!Not at all as bad as I had anticipated!! Hopefully the MRI will be as simple!!

No comments:

Post a Comment